Loan Application FAQs
- Can I apply for a loan?
- How does the online application work?
- Use of your personal information
- What do I need for my application?
- Is my application secure?
- What happens to my application once it is submitted?
Can I apply for a loan?
To submit a loan application you do not need to be a current member of the Credit Union, however you will need to become a member before your loan can be funded. For information on membership click here.
You will need to:
- be over 18 years of age;
- be an Australian resident;
- apply in personal names; and
- have a permanent income and a stable job.
Applications cannot be for business purposes.
If the loan is approved we will mail you the loan documentation to sign and return to us. You may also attend a Credit Union branch to complete and sign loan documents.
How does the online application work?
The online loan application process should take you no more than 10 minutes. You will be asked to complete a simple form asking you to provide information on:
- purpose of the loan;
- your personal details;
- your contact and address details;
- your employment and income;
- other financial commitments you have; and
- your assets.
It is important that the information you provide is accurate so that we can assess your application in the most effective way.
If you provide us with incomplete or inaccurate information, we may not be able to provide you with the loan you are seeking.
Use of your personal information
You agree that personal information about you which may at any time be provided to us in connection with a loan application may be held and used by us to assess and process the application, to establish, provide and administer the facility and to execute your instructions.
When you complete the application form, it will be transmitted to the Credit Union via secure encrypted transmission.
What do I need for my application?
Proof of income
- Income details for each applicant
- Two copies of your most recent payslips or a letter from your employer confirming your employment status and income
- Current Centrelink details if applicable (e.g. family allowance, pension)
- If you are self-employed you will need your tax returns and profit and loss statements for the last 2 years
- Your current employer’s details (name, address and phone number)
- If you have not been in your current job for five years, the details of your previous employment
Proof of identity is not required to apply for the loan, however you will be required to supply suitable identification at a later date as listed below.
- If you are an existing member of the Credit Union, your membership number
- click here. If you are not already a member of the Credit Union you will need to produce suitable identification before contracts are signed. For further information about membership
- Details of your assets including bank accounts, shares, life insurance, motor vehicles and personal effects
- We will require verification for certain assets, for example rates notice if you own a property or rent receipts if you have an investment property.
- Details of your financial commitments (eg. payments made on other loans, mortgages, credit cards, etc). We will require recent statements.
If you are applying for a Car Loan you will also need to provide details (where available) of the vehicle you plan to purchase:
- Dealer’s invoice
- If a private sale, copy of current registration paper
- Proof of insurance cover
If you are applying for a Home Loan you will also need to provide details (where available) of the property you are purchasing:
- Details of location
- Type of property
- Purchase price
- Your monetary contribution
- Name of agent or private vendor
- Name of your solicitor
If you are applying to consolidate your loans you will need to provide:
- Current statements of all existing loans and credit cards
- Obtain a payout figure from the lender
Is my application secure?
We will never ask for your password or account details to be disclosed via a link within an email message. If you receive an email of this nature, please disregard the email, delete it from your computer and contact us.
We take the protection and security of your information, transaction data and privacy seriously.
Our Commitment to Your Security and Privacy
Accordingly, we have employed a wide range of security measures to help protect your personal information and transactions. These measures extend from data encryption to firewalls to automatic timeouts. Therefore, when you do your banking online with us, you can be assured that your banking is safeguarded and protected.
Our Guarantee to You
Furthermore, in the unlikely event that an unauthorised transaction does occur on your account, we guarantee that you will not be liable for any unauthorised transaction carried out (provided you meet your obligations under our Product Disclosure Statement – Conditions of Use and the ASIC Electonic Funds Transfer Code of Conduct.
It’s all part of our commitment to you, our members.
Your Security, We Can All Play a Part…
As your financial institution, we take the protection of your information and transaction data very seriously. But online security is a partnership between us (as the provider of online banking services to you) and you (the user of these services). As such, it’s important that you do two things:
- keep informed
- improve your own online security
Technology cannot automatically protect you against all fraud and security risks. A range of email and other online frauds have been attempted over the last few years; these scams will continue and you should be aware of them.
Improving Your Online Security
Equally, technological protection cannot protect you if you are careless with your personal information. You need to play your part in protecting your information responsibly and in accordance with our terms and conditions.
What happens to my application once it is submitted?
We will acknowledge receipt of your application at which time we will advise you of our initial assessment and, if necessary, seek other information from you for the purpose of fully assessing your application. We may also need to gather information from a third party, such as a credit reporting agency, to enable us to fully assess your application.
Upon receiving all the relevant information, your application will be fully assessed and you will receive a phone call or email to let you know if your loan has been approved, subject to any conditions. At that time we will also discuss the next steps involved in progressing your loan application.
Please note the following regarding the information you provide
In submitting your application you agree, in making an application for credit to us, that, in assessing the application we may seek and obtain personal information about you from a credit reporting agency or other financial institution or any other party necessary to assess your application and may give personal information about you to another financial institution.
You also agree that we may hold and use personal information about you, which may at any time be provided to us in connection with a facility for which you make application to us, for the purposes (as relevant) of:
- considering any other application you may make to us;
- complying with legislative and regulatory requirements;
- performing administrative functions, including accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development, credit scoring and staff training;
- managing our rights and obligations in relation to external payment systems;
- conducting market or customer satisfaction research;
- developing, establishing and administering alliances and other arrangements (including rewards programs) with other organisations in relation to the promotion, administration and use of our respective products and services;
- developing and identifying products and services that may interest you; and
- (unless you ask us not to) providing you with information about other products and services.
If you have any questions, please contact us Enquire Now