You will be issued with your own personal identification number (PIN) which is forwarded to you within a few days of receiving your new Redicard, Visa Debit Card or Visa Credit Card. When using your Visa Credit Card or Visa Debit Card you will be required to provide a signature when the credit option is selected. Every time you use your Redicard you will be required to enter in your PIN in order to prove that you are the owner. When you use your Visa Debit Card for cash-out transactions, you will also be required to enter your PIN. It is therefore very important that your PIN is memorised and not stored with your card for security.
You should follow the guidelines below to protect against unauthorised use of plastic card and PIN. These guidelines provide examples of security measures only and will not determine your liability for any losses resulting from unauthorised EFT Transactions. Liability for such transactions are contained within the conditions of use of the card outlined in our Product Disclosure Statement.
Guidelines for Ensuring the Security of your card and PIN:
- Sign the card as soon as you receive it;
- Keep the card in a safe place;
- Never write the PIN on the card;
- Never write the PIN on anything that is kept with or near the card;
- Never lend the card to anybody;
- Never tell or show the PIN to another person;
- Use care to prevent anyone seeing PIN being entered at Electronic Equipment;
- Immediately report the loss, theft or unauthorised use of the card to the Credit Union;
- Examine your periodical statement immediately upon receiving it to identify and report, as soon as possible, any instances where the card has been used without your authority; and
- Immediately notify the Credit Union of any change of address.
What if my card is lost or stolen?
Refer to the Terms and Conditions of Redicard and Visa Card in the Product Disclosure Statement for details of how to report the loss, theft or unauthorised use of the card or PIN.
Lost or Stolen Redicard & Visa Hotline
Australia wide toll free: 1800 648 027
From overseas: +61 2 8299 9101
Do you have any questions about card security? Enquire Now